Why choose Stanford Park Nannies?
Two reasons: experience and service. Our owners, industry leaders Maggie and Daryl, provide hands-on, everyday management of Stanford Park Nannies – a job they’ve both enjoyed for 15 years. They will guide you through the entire search process, including:
- In-home consultation
- Access to a large pool of nannies personally interviewed by Daryl or Maggie, and prescreened through our 20-Point Nanny Standards Checklist
- Background checks at no additional charge
- No obligation, one-week trial
- Exclusive 1-year guarantee
In the end, you get a great, reliable, safe nanny match for your family – guaranteed to last a year – from a company with a 99% customer satisfaction rating.
What do you require of your nanny candidates?
We have high standards that every candidate must meet:
- 3 years professional child care experience (the average candidate has 5-10 years experience)
- Excellent references
- California Driver’s license and an insured automobile
- US Work Authorization
- Infant/ Child CPR certification
Many of our nannies offer much more beyond this list, bringing sought-after skills like a teaching background, multi-lingual capabilities, Master’s degrees, or an expertise in cooking, music and a host of other things that will enrich your children’s lives.
What can I expect to pay a nanny?
Part-time nanny salaries range from $18-$25/hour and full-time salaries range from $3,500-$5,000/month. Salary ranges will vary based on the nanny’s individual qualifications and on the requirements of the job.
Do you perform background checks?
Absolutely! Background checks are an important part of our process of pre-qualifying candidates. At the agency’s expense we perform:
- A search of county records for felony and misdemeanor convictions (All counties of residence)
- DMV report
- Social Security verification
- Trustline Registration as required by California law
- National Sex Offender Registry check
- National wants & warrants
And then we do even more to ensure we get experienced, trustworthy candidates. You can view a complete list of our candidate requirements in our Nanny Standards Checklist.
How long will it take to hire a nanny?
The entire process, can take from one to six weeks from registration to hire. When we receive your registration forms, we will present applicants to you within 24 hours and will arrange interviews at your convenience.
How many nannies can I expect to interview?
Depending on the specifications of your search, you can expect to interview between two and ten candidates. We save you time by preselecting applicants that meet your family’s individual needs and only introducing you to those candidates. However, there is no limit to the number of candidates you may interview. It only takes one perfect match and we will keep searching until you are 100% satisfied!
What post-placement support does SPN offer?
- Annual on-call membership fees waived while you employ a Stanford Park Nanny
- Immediate access to SPN owners for questions related to employment, communication, conflict resolution, and more
What is your guarantee policy?
It offers you the reassurance that if, for any reason, your nanny’s employment terminates in the first year, you will receive a credit to apply toward your next search with Stanford Park Nannies. The credit starts at 100% of the initial referral fee and is pro-rated depending on the duration of your Nanny’s employment (see Referral Agreement for exact details). What’s great about this policy is that we so rarely need to put it into practice. Ninety percent of our clients retain their nannies beyond the first year.
What cities do you serve?
We serve San Mateo and Santa Clara counties, including the following cities: San Bruno, Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Belmont, Foster City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos, Redwood City, Woodside, Atherton, Portola Valley, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Stanford, Los Altos, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Cupertino, Santa Clara, San Jose, Campbell, Saratoga, Monte Sereno and Los Gatos.